Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bathtime Blunders

Night before last I had Max in the baby tub and Connor in big tub together. After being in the tub for about 30 seconds, Max started straining. By the time I grabbed him to try to hang him over the potty to do his business, it was too late. The damage was done. His tub was now officially unsuitable for a bath, and I had to figure out a way to get the boys bath finished by myself so I could get the mess cleaned up. Of course this had to happen on a night when Shawn was on call...lucky him! Well, lucky for me, I have Connor around. He said "Mama, do you think you could pour the dirty water down the commode to get rid of the poo poo?" Sounded like a great plan to me! So, I began pouring. Too bad the tub didn't cooperate and half of what I poured hit the floor....disgusting. (Nice towel number one on the floor to sop up poo water). On to the next plan. The tub has a plug. I'll just set it on the toilet so I can pull the plug and have it drain into it. So I do that. Meanwhile, I had to wipe Max's bottom off quickly, and I'm relying on my 2 year old to make sure he doesn't fall over in the bathtub and drown. I decide Max's bath is over after supervising the draining for a bit, so I take him to the bedroom and throw on his PJ's. I keep a running dialog with Connor to make sure he doesn't drown while I leave him alone in the tub (no Mom of the year award for me!). When I get back to the bathroom disaster has struck again. As the tub drained, one end began to get heavier than the other and it tipped sending the remaining poo water ALL OVER THE BATHROOM! (Nice towel number 2 hits the floor). I give up and grab Connor out of the tub with one arm, hold screaming Max in the other, and head for dry land!!

One good thing that came out of all of this is I realized we no longer need the baby tub. I took this picture last night. The boys love having the whole tub to play in together!

No comments: