Saturday, December 13, 2008

Unexpected

Being a mom can be pretty tough sometimes. Not that I am complaining. It is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me, and I don't know what I would do without my two precious boys. That being said, after a weekend with my husband out of town, endless diaper changes, quite a few tantrums, and laundry and toys come out of every nook and cranny in the house, I get a little discouraged from time to time. Then, something amazing happens. One of the boys gives me just enough to know that I can keep doing this forever.

Last night, right after I put Max to bed, Connor was watching the end of some Disney show. I decided to use that time to get ahead of the game and pick up some of the million toys that had been dragged out during the course of our afternoon together. As I was bending down to pick up a well-loved teddy bear Connor said, "Thanks for picking up my toys Mama."

Side note: MAX IS CRAWLING!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Too sweet!! Isn't it amazing how one sweet moment can make you forget all the hard days?

Summer said...

I hope you guys had a good Christmas! I would love to see some pictures....