Monday, August 24, 2009

A Busy Summer

Ok, I know I haven't posted anything in FOREVER, but life has been pretty hectic around here. We moved from Birmingham to Dallas in June and have been getting settled.

I can't believe the summer is already almost over! I'll post some pictures later, and write a little more about everything we did. Connor and Max start there new school the second week of September. Connor is excited, but I'm sure Max will cry! He has a hard time at the church nursery every week, but hopefully he'll get used to school pretty quickly. I took Max's pacifier away about 2 weeks ago. He really did pretty well although he doesn't nap for quite as long now. I think because he's missing that tool to soothe himself back to sleep. This week we are dropping the morning nap and moving down to one. He's doing really well with that too, so I guess it was time! Works out pretty good since on Tuesdays and Thursdays he won't be getting the morning nap because of school anyway.

We have our first visit since we moved here to the pediatrician on Wednesday. I pray the boys like him. We had such a wonderful perdiatrician in Birmingham. We hated to leave him.

Shawn and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary last Friday. Shawn's parents stayed at our house with the boys and we spent the night at the W hotel downtown. It was great to get away for a night and relax! These last 5 years have FLOWN by so fast. Our family has doubled in size and we've moved twice. I'm so excited for what the next 5 years will bring my wonderful family!!

No comments: